Entrepreneurship and enterprises Development
The overall course objective of this key program is to build capacity of the targeted groups by empowering them with knowledge and skills on business as well as ability of identifying and making use of number of opportunities available at their locality for the purpose of being able to fight against poverty and attain social sustainable development. Moreover, the program entails the provision of relevant and sustainable technical vocational skills in the area of agribusiness as well as sustainable energy in order to strengthen the capacity youth and women to start up enterprises, managing their business and achieving something from it as well as attaining sustainable development. The followåings are key focused areas of consideration in this key program.
- Self -Identification and Self Awareness
- Basic Life Skills (Soft Skills Training)
- Idea creation, evaluation, transformation, implementation, developing and sustaining
- Ways for Converting Developmental Challenges and Problems into Opportunities
- Mindset and attitude Changing (Change management)
- Strategic Ways of Creating Successful Business Idea
- Business Growth, Expansion and Overall Operational Management
- Preparation of Business Document (Business Plan & Business Proposal)
- Formation, Developing and Managing of IGAs, Y/VSLA and Clubs
- Strategic Linking of IGAs, VSLA and Clubs into MFIs
- Characteristics, Tips and qualities for becoming successful entrepreneur
- Application of social medias to pursue daily business operations- Marketing
Professional Business Development
The main objective of this key program is to impart participants’ with business knowledge and skills which will enhance their abilities on apply number of business mechanisms, schemes, principles and approaches through which social economic development and wellbeing will be attained and guaranteed. The followings are key focused areas of consideration in this key program.
- Business Development Training (Agriculture, Renewable Energy and water)
- Technical Development Training (Agriculture, Renewable Energy and water)
- Understanding of the Business Politics.
- Post Harvesting, Value Chain Development and business management
- Animal husbandry and Value Chain Development
- Business Communication
- Financial Management
- Operational and Performance Management
- Marketing and Sales Management
- Public Relations (PR), Business lobbying and advocacy techniques
- Business rearing and Business Protection
- Record keeping
- Social Entrepreneurship and Business Development Strategies
- Development of Business Documents (Business Plan, Business Proposal and Strategic Planning)
Agribusiness and Environmental interventions
The main objective of key program to impart targeted group/farmers with knowledge and skills regarding effectively and efficiently agro-performance made from adopting and implementing Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) techniques. Perfection on GAP application will enhance farmers with new agribusiness knowledge, skills, principles, tricks and techniques and once applied will increased agro-productivity as well as increased income and improved revenues. The followings are key focused areas of consideration in this key program.
- Site selection and site management
- Planting methods techniques
- Irrigation methods and techniques
- Crop management – weeding, Fertilizers etc
- Crop Management – Crop protection
- Post harvesting Techniques
- Storage mechanisms
Governance, Accountability and Rights
The main objective of this key program is to empower beneficiaries/participants with effectively and confidently abilities/action or manners of governing themselves as well as governing their so formed groups/enterprises/organizations. More so, participants will be deeply engaged in all proposed governances standards/procedures depends on foreseen demands. The will acquire skills to facilitate governance processes of governing, whether undertaken by their groups, business-to-market or network, family, tribe, formal or informal enterprises/organizations or territory and whether through the laws, norms, power or language of their enterprises – organized society. Participants will as well gaining potentials regarding balancing powers of the members within groups/organizations (with the associated accountability), and their primary duty of enhancing the prosperity and viability of their enterprises/organizations formed. The followings are key focused areas of consideration in this key program.
- Accountability and Budgetary Control
- Good Governance and Accountability
- Social Responsibility Social Accountability
- Economic Literacy
- Power and Voice and Explanatory Management
- Policy and Advocacy
- Social Change Empowerment
- Social Knowledge, Protection and Justice,
- Peace Building and Conflict Resolution
Human Rights, Power, Voice, Policy and Advocacy
The overall objective of the program package to enable beneficiaries/participants have a deeper understanding of the linkages between rights and governance in connection to businesses and livelihood development. Through this course, participants will also acquire skills and knowledge on how to hold their human personal and enterprise accountable in delivering services to the communities they belongs. The followings are key focused areas of consideration in this key program.
- Human Rights Based Approaches and Development
- Child Care, Child Rights, Child Protection
- Parental Caring and Governance,
- Gender, Women Rights and Governance
Leadership and Management skills
The main focus of this key program is to enable beneficiaries to identify and implement their own leadership style at their work place/groups. Mode of Management as well as types of leadership will be among training packages. Participants will also acquire skills and knowledge on appropriate behavioral responses to enhance commitment and cooperation from others and hence optimize organizational effectiveness. The followings are key focused areas of consideration in this key program.
- Management and leadership essentials
- Self-awareness of leadership styles
- Understanding and motivating others
- Interpersonal communication skills and development
- Coaching for improved performance
- Appraising performance
- Building high performance teams
- Group dynamics & team problem solving
- Managing the change process
- Baseline Survey and
- Monitoring and evaluations
Personnel Skills Development
The main objective of this key program is to equip targeted groups with skills and knowledge necessary for effective monitoring and evaluation of their personal skills and competences as well as managing developed ability/capacities to suite the requirement of the development sphere of their dose. The followings are key focused areas of consideration in this key program.
- Key concepts and principles of monitoring & evaluation.
- Results management framework and results chain
- Logical framework approach
- Managing the external environment
- Designing and conducting result based monitoring and evaluation
- Analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Management Information systems
- Result oriented reporting
- Development Communication
Development of Business Documents
-Business Documents (Business Plan and Business Proposal)
–Development of Business Plan which will;
- Helps to stand as a road map designed to guide the entrepreneurs/businessman through the years of business operations.
- Helps determine the viability of the venture in a designated market
- Provides guidance to the company/entrepreneur in organizing his or her planning activities
- Serves as an important tool in helping to obtain financing.
- Help the implementation of the proposed business strategy(s) contain control points to ascertain progress and to initiate contingency plans if necessary.
- Describe a marketable idea – to attract attention of MFIs – Financial Sources (Banks) /stakeholders/investors
- Shows good profit potential in a very reasonable period of time needed by business stakeholders/ investors/donors.
- Clearly defined market with enough size and purchasing power to produce a profit.
- Clearly explains the “competitive edge” of products or services that has over rivals. –that can outshine competitors
- Describe levels and personnel’s skills, knowledge and experiences and competences needed to make the business/company a success.
- Shows business ability to control both the delivery and the quality of the product or service.
- Not be overly complex – keep it so simple (KISS principle) but sure business
- Shows that the company/entrepreneurs have made a commitment investment in this business venture.
- Show that company’s’/entrepreneurs’ products or services offers customers a long-term benefit.
- Lays out a clear, well-conceived, workable strategy for getting business up-and-running.
- Contains realistic financial projections covering most likely, pessimistic, and optimistic scenarios.
- Communicates client’s vision for the business and why it will succeed to potential business market, business lenders and investors in a clear ways,
Development of Business Proposal which will;
- Establish and enhance commitments and evidence of collaboration with all potential stakeholders in planning as well as in execution of the proposed project intervention.
- Clearly established the need for the proposed activity.
- Detailed describe the project goal and objectives
- Highlighted most important project ideas.
- Portray detailed schedule of project activities, or at least parts of a complete sample project schedule.
- Articulate, describe, detailed analysis, indicating and managing key activities as sources for uses of projects funds/money from proposal budget.
- Clearly addressed all major matters indicated in the proposal guidelines.
- Clearly indicating the commitment and agreement of project staff to participate in the project interventions
- Appropriate providing detail of all parts of the proposal.
- Be having reasonable consistence length for the proposal based on the guidelines and/or expectations.
- Clearly communicate qualification, expertise, experience, skills and knowledge of the Project personnel.
- Clear and concise indicating the writing style of the proposal. This approach helps reader understand the problems and proposal. Summarizing statements and headings are present to lead the reader.
- Include appendices containing details that the reviewers may not read but are very useful such as a relevant brochure. Likely be conservative with the inclusion of such documents and consider if including them would, in fact, put more meaning to proposal evaluators